Thursday, August 28, 2008

Wowzer

I thought I should at least blog once in August. Tonight, I led worship at Metochai! Kathy and I had fun. This calling to lead worship with music is getting clearer and clearer as we speak and still I doubt. I doubt my abilities mostly, and my availability, as in "You want me to do all this while we have 3 toddlers?"

When we left Miami, I had 3 friends. Becca, Phill and Jesus. I think I had given up trying to find people with my odd passions, hobbies and interests. God has shown me that I need to depend on only Him and what it is like to be an outcast. Most of my so called friends have deserted me and plainly rejected me. I have been called lots of things, and I am particularly proud about the one time I was called "narrow-minded" by a "good friend".

There is hope I believe. I think there might be some oddballs like me in Metochai afterall. I can't wait to know these sisters in Christ God have in store for me. Lord, you know I need healthy relationships. I pray for a mentor, and accountability partners; people who want to grow in Christ on their own and with me. You have the future in Your hands. I ask that You will be with our children and help them understand who You are. Help us to be the parents who will reflect Your image to them. Give me patience, wakefulness, and gentleness. I want You to come back not to deliver us from the mess here on earth but to show Your faithfulness that every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that You are Lord. AMEN.

1 comment:

Phillip Koo said...

I totally understand your heart. I'm glad you're surrounding yourself with positive people who are of a godly influence. This will pick up the steam needed for you to continue your God given ministry and calling for you life.

"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." - Ps. 139:23-24

Your hubby