Monday, July 20, 2009

Yawn

Lately Esther's been waking at wee hours to play. So... yawn....

I am sure we'll laugh at this one day, but it sure wasn't funny when I came downstairs from feeding Esther to finding Abigail and Isaac eating "beans" from a game. How did they not know that those were not real? When I saw Isaac kinda chewing on one, I asked him, hey buddy, don't eat those, they are not really beans, just toys. Abigail turned around with a shocked look and said, they are not real? I looked at her and said, of course not! It's a game! Did you eat them too??? She started to panic and said, yeah.... I ate 3!! I can't say I did not freak out. After 5 mins of screaming into an imaginary pillow, I calmly explained to her that the beans will probably just come out in her poop in a day or two. WOw....

Dad and Leo left today. I am glad they came. Leo had fun at joy zone on Sun and I think Dad's heart is more receptive to the gospel. I thought this visit was gonna be a little more stressful but it turned out fine. Now, the Lord has to work on my heart towards the inlaws who are coming in just 2 weeks. I will be sooooo grouchy for the next two weeks. I just don't know what to expect and not to expect. I am a little scared and a little reluctant still but I know God requires me to forgive. It is a long process and a conflict. I need to keep on forgiving.

God, keep transforming me and making me holy for Your glory. I pray my dad will seek You with his heart. I pray You will give him more opportunities to hear Your word and for him to seek Your face. Continue to use me for Your kingdom work. I pray wisdom over my children and my husband. I ask for more patience, love and encouraging words. And yes, help me to reconcile with my in laws. AMEn.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Man, I need to read your blog more often. I am SO glad your dad came to visit - and Leo! Did you ask him to come like I suggested, or did he just say he wanted to visit? Coolness!