Friday, November 19, 2010

a little surprised

i was just doing the nighttime routine with esther and isaac since abigail is at the wmc with daddy. they took their showers, got dried, got their pjs on, and got ready for bible reading.

isaac chose the story of daniel and the lions first, then usually abigail gets to choose the 2nd one but since she wasn't here, isaac got to. he chose Jesus on the cross. when i got to the part about Jesus being nailed on the cross, isaac asked, "whyyyy????" with a sad face. and it's normal. he asks that every time. so i said, "why do you think?" so he answered, "because of our sins" i said, "whose?" he said, "everybody's" so i explained, "isaac, even if you were the only person on earth with sin, He would still have gone on the cross and died for you." isaac said, "will God be with me?" me "only if you believe in your heart that He is the Lord and Savior" and he said.... "i doooo...." not with an excited voice, but a yearning attitude. so i said, "well then ask Him to be your Lord and Savior" and there, isaac prayed and asked "Jesus I want you to be my Lord and Savior. (then i helped) come in my heart and help me to obey."

"tell Him you believe He is God and that Jesus is His Son, that He rose from the dead and can wash away your sins. ask him to help you love Him, His word, and others. ask him to help you set a good example for your sisters" and all this isaac was able to verbalize all of it personally to God. i then prayed a blessing over his life and went on to brush his teeth.

isaac's only turned 3 years old this past June. i know he wanted to do that. and i am documenting this down for him and for all to see. i am just... haha... a little surprised! pleasantly surprised. :)

Our Father God, Most high King, You are so GOOD! Thank You that You have given me affirmation about my children. That obediently raising them in You and in Your word will bring our family salvation and joy. I thank You for letting Isaac understand parts of Your salvation message tonight. I thank You that this little boy You blessed us with has a heart to follow You. God continue to help us guide our children to You and show them Your heart, love, joy, suffering, and Spirit. Let us not lead them into sin but to salvation. Help us to parent by grace and not by law. Bless our children with passionate hearts for Your Kingdom and Your people, godly wisdom to make godly decisions, and deep unshakable personal faith that will be contagious to everyone around them. I receive your promises for me and my family and I trust in You alone. God may our lives glorify Your awesome name. AMEN.

No comments: