Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

The simple nativity story and the history of the line of David still amaze me. the 200+ prophecies that were fulfilled and unfolding even before Jesus was born and died on the cross are still overwhelming every time i read about them. I want to keep it that way for myself and also for my family, and also for my children's families. My desire for my children and my children's children is that they will keep these holy days set apart to honor the One true God, not traditions, idols, people, or things. We really did quite a bit. Just tonight we made a book out of 8 coloring pages and the older two took turns telling each page. The most impressive thing about this is that both of them didn't just make up stuff from the coloring page but cited bible verse after bible verse about Jesus' birth from the books of Matthew and Luke. I truly enjoyed this project. We do not have presents under tree, and no, we are not stingy scrooges or anything, but rather kept the Jesus tree to be something special too. We got them gifts but spread it out to different days. Although on Christmas Day, we did hide them in different places of the house and had a treasure hunt and the kids had a blast. No, we don't do santa. he makes me physically sick. Again, growing up in Hong Kong in a family who worshiped idols and ancestors, I see him just like I see baal. Nothing special, just another idol. I am NEVER going to let anything or anyone steal Him glory ESPecially on holy days such as His Birth and His Resurrection. Jesus deserves the spot light in my heart, in my home, and in the raising of the next generations. He never gets the spotlight like this any other time! and I will keep it that way for Him especially to my children. I want my children to learn to love and serve: the poor, the sick, the confused, the drunk, the homeless, the dying, the lost, the enraged, the orphaned, the ugly, the unwanted, the old, the hungry, the wasted, ..... the ones who no one want to get near... especially on these holy days, to give of themselves instead of getting what they can out of it.

Oh Lord my God, thank You for all You have redeemed in our lives. You are a great and living God who saves. You have won the battle and given us new lives. You have the ultimate sovereignty in our lives and are merciful to Your servant and her children. Lord, continue to raise up a generation who will combat for their Kingdom brothers and sisters from my household. Bless my children and children's children and so forth and bless my relationships with all of them. Help us pass down a legacy and the torch of faith to them. Rain down Your mercy and grace on us. We surrender our will for yours, our desires for yours, and our hearts for yours. Continue to transform and mold us and our children. Let Your Holy Spirit and His work be evident in our lives. Unite us in Spirit, mind, and soul. Use us for Your Kingdom Work and protect us from the Evil One. In Your precious Son, Jesus' name I pray, AMEN.

No comments: