Tuesday, December 21, 2010

prayer for abigail

‎"I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God. " -1 Tim. 2:9-10

my 5 year old loves to be a girl... something that i struggle to identify with. i love being female but i am definitely far from being "girly". im into competitive sports and not into makeup. im not afraid of what people think of me, not into dressing up, and not into jewelry. does that make me less of a woman? no. not at all. God made me this way, to balance everyone around me and God made my daughter this way to balance me out. i pray for the Lord to bless my relationship with her and for me to encourage her to become a woman who fears the Lord.

My amazing God, thank You for Abigail. Continue to bless our relationship and teach me to guide her into godly womanhood. Continue to work in her heart and reveal Your plans to her. Let Your Holy Spirit work and break her heart of her sins and the world's sins. Open her eyes to the spiritual realms and bless her with gifts that You want her to use for the Kingdom. Help us remember that she is Yours. I ask this is Your Son's name, AMEN.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I have been blessed by your blog... in more ways than one! I love your heart. I desire to have a deeper relationship with the Lord as you do. You are so talented. I can't read music even after 3 years of piano lessons. HA! That is ok...that is not my talent. It is great that you have it and can use it so well...I'll stick to writing. Your blog is beautiful!! Mine is steril and plain probably because I am computer-illiterate. I could use your talent there too! Your children are precious!! You are doing a wonderful job raising them to be Children of God. Being mindful of what they need is very important and you know it!! Loved it!! Keep in touch! Erin