Friday, January 28, 2011

friday afternoon!

YES it's friday afternoon. It's 73F outside! I guess we've known DFW to be that way. Hot or Cold. Winter or Summer. Either way, it's allergies all year long! LOL

Lately, I have been struggling with control. When I got stressed out as a kid, I used to throw my towels in and pick on someone to fight with. About 5 years ago I learned as a follower of Christ that underachieving or picking fights are neither effective or godly, when I got stressed, I would read and write like crazy. Now, I have apparently picked up another habit of control.... deep cleaning!

So lately, when I stressed out about the homework I need to turn in, or deadlines of the projects, or intensive relationships with family, etc etc, I start cleaning. Now you might think that's a great problem to have, but really, I need to read if I'm stressed out about how I'm going to finish a reading assignment...or sit down to finish my homework if I'm stressed out about that one etc.

I obviously knows about this so God and I are definitely working on it: to balance out cleaning and working and leisure time. Interestingly is also a class I am taking. It's called "Recreation ministry". The first class last Monday was about how lots of adults are imbalanced in their time management. And Metochai last night, was about the "well prepared" woman. We'd love to think we have control, but we don't. We have to be prepared to sacrifice, to pray and fast, to be gracious, to be patient, etc etc etc. Funny how God works.

God Almighty, You are sovereign and knew me before I was born. You have total control over everything I have no control over. Help me continually to give it all to You and help me to let go of these things. I will devote my children and their children unto you all my days. I pray that You will help my children and their children to love you more than anything else and to devote themselves wholly unto You. Continue to bless my relationship with my husband, with Abigail, with Isaac, and with Esther. Give us Your wisdom and grace as we raise these kids You have blessed us with. In Your Son's beautiful name I pray, AMEN.

1 comment:

The Philosopher's Bride said...

Joanna, thank you so much for your honest writing! I really admire you and you inspire me in my walk to be a more Godly mother and wife.

I recognise the same problem: When I am stressed, I clean and clean and it can be a bad thing!

Your family is in my prayers sister!