Wednesday, January 5, 2011

a "mock VBS" song

I have been taking a 5-day 8am-5pm intensive class for children's ministry this week and I wrote this song for one of the projects. Class started Monday morning, God gave me this song on Monday night, we are presenting it Thur morning. I have to pretend I am teaching at a VBS and I have to effectively deliver the ABC gospel to the kids in different ways. This is one of the ways:

Click on the title to listen

ABC
by Joanna Koo

Admit! Believe! Confess! 2 3 4
Admit I've done wrong and fallen short (rom3:23)
Believe in my heart that Jesus is the Son of God (rom5:8; jn3:16)
Confess I'm gonna sing, and shout, and tell (rom 10:9-10)
him her you and you and you and you (matt28:19-20)
hey hey hey
that Jesus is the One, the Christ, the Lord
the Light, the Truth, the Messiah,
He is the Son of God, the Savior, and King
the River of life, the One lifted high
I won't be afraid to confess with my mouth
that Jesus is the One, the Christ, the Lord

Oh Lord my GOD, You prove Yourself to be glorious and sovereign. Thank You for letting me meet the people in this class and letting me use the gifts You have given me to finish projects. Continue to use me and mold me. I know You see the finish products and I will trust in Your path and believe in Your plans. Help me remember the ways You have blessed me and empowered me. I love Your Son. Amen, AMEN.

1 comment:

Frank & Thao said...

Hey Joanna,

Thanks for sharing your song with me. I liked it. Very upbeat and catchy lyrics. I didn't know you were taking classes, but now that I know, I'll be praying for you. Now go on... get to writing some more!

Love,
Thao