Saturday, March 1, 2008

Grocery Lists

I've been reading a lot. Mostly books on marriage and raising children. I also recently admitted publicly that I am a control freak, and cannot handle being in the dark. For example, the babies and I were at Walmart grocery shopping. I had this huge list, one I started since Wednesday, and I was determined to get the shopping done quickly. Well, I handed my list to Abigail who seemed responsible enough to hold it. First, she tore it in two pieces. "LOOK! BROKE, MOMMY!" "Yes, it's okay." That was when I still had the words in one piece. Then I moved on to price checking. I was so busy calculating, I did not realize that my important list was a goner. She looked at me as I looked at her with questioning eyes. "WHere's mommy's list?" "I don't know. Broke." "I know it broke. But you still had the list." "LOOK! BABY FOOD!" GRRRRR... I stood in the middle of the baby food isle, lost, confused, upset, and mostly lost. I felt like without my list, I didn't know what to get next or even where I was!! I took it out on her at first, and then I realized I am a slave to perfection, to chasing control, to... grocery shopping lists!!!!! I took a deep breath,.. Lord help me... "Mommy still loves you. It's okay the list is gone. We can still get pasta."

No comments: