Sunday, January 18, 2009

Learning about myself

I've been reading so many books on how to be a better follower of Christ, wife, and mother since Abigail and Isaac started taking naps in the bunk bed. Don't get me wrong, I loved my naps with them. It's just, I needed personal time to grow and learn. I have discovered so many things about myself and why I am the way I am just from praying and reading these books. I thought I was just learning how to serve and love my kids and I ended up also learning how to be loved and love others. When I first surrendered to Christ, I had a love that overflowed my cup and I knew I was transformed and I was so close to Jesus because I was a baby spiritually. Love came so easy like how all children love. But as I matured and grew as a believer, went through valleys and mountains, it got harder and harder. I knew Jesus' power because I came to know His love when I surrendered. I will never stop seeking to love like He does.

"but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength." 1 Cor 1:24-25

God help me learn more and mature more in You so I may serve more and love more for You. I pray that my children and children's children will be blessed because of Your faithfulness. Take away their foolishness and replace with wisdom. Guide us so we may help them mature emotionally and spiritually. Humble us and continue to reveal the truth to us about ourselves. Help us to be transparent to each other and love each other unconditionally. AMEN

2 comments:

Phillip Koo said...

I look at your blog title and subtitle and it got me thinking that you have a greek title, yet Yeshua is a hebraic term. Nice mixing of both of the original language of scripture. I love the thought of "Ever Present Consuming Fire". That's something only Paul can think of and Jesus to perform.

Anyways, I got thinking about what you said with the kids and having some short term goals to accomplish. I will think of monthly goals to focus us, and maybe focusing on more parables that Jesus used to help the whole family. There's nothing better than that!

S and J said...

I haven't looked at your blog in a while but clicked on the link after getting your email tonight!
I love this: "I thought I was just learning how to serve and love my kids and I ended up also learning how to be loved and love others."
I can so relate to that....when I finally understood that God loves me with a lavish love, I was truly filled to an overflowing that enabled me to truly love others.
Keep running the race, my friend!