Saturday, January 31, 2009

Renewed patience

After my appt with one of my midwives (I have 4) I have a renewed patience for my 3rd baby's pregnancy! I was totally wanting it to come out and now I am okay. My midwife was very encouraging and answered all my questions about our VBAC after 2 Ceasareans. I think God has also increased my courage and given me complete peace for this decision.

I know VBACs sound dangerous and I know people who think we are crazy even for trying to have babies naturally. Oh it stretches you and your husband will never love you again. Not true. Oh Csections are better(that's like saying formula is better for your babies). Not true. Oh a woman recovers from Csections faster and better. So not true. Oh you will have ruptures doing VBAC. Not really true either. I have read statistics after statistics, testimonies after testimonies, talked to doctors and midwives, and Phill and I are convinced VBACs are safe.

I wanted to have Abigail naturally and went through labor for more than 20 hours without drugs until emergency surgery was unavoidable. I was so mad at Abigail for having a huge head and upset at the Lord. He made us and a woman's body a certain way to have babies. Did He make my birthing organs differently??? I was just plain mad because I wanted to have a testimony and was going to give Him all glory. Through that experience, He taught me that I just really wanted to be in control. He taught me that His ways and thoughts are always higher than mine. My pride was in the way. It just wasn't time. Abigail was BIG.

Isaac was another case, he just never wanted to come out at all. He wasn't big at all. Skinny little kid. Still is. He just didn't want out. Even during the CSection when the doctor tried to grab him, he wiggled up higher and higher to avoid coming into the world. We wanted a VBAC but no one in Miami was willing to do one. My midwife was. But the hospital wasn't. This time I was only mad at Isaac cuz he didn't sleep, eat, or poop well. His poop was always everywhere.

So, this time around, my midwives and even doctors in the hospital are on the same page. Wait for the baby to come. Be patient. That's it. I feel so encouraged and excited. Phill and I also printed out this maternity acupressure booklet online that will help with everything during labor. We are packing a suitcase, and we are ready to go for days in labor if need be. We are going to start a prayer chain and we are going to ask for intercessory prayers. We are so excited. When this baby comes out, we are going to hold it, cry, and give thanks to God. And I have learned, if VBAC is not successful, I will still give thanks because He is sovereign.

Isaiah 55
8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD.

9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

10 As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,

11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

12 You will go out in joy
and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills
will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field
will clap their hands.

13 Instead of the thornbush will grow the pine tree,
and instead of briers the myrtle will grow.
This will be for the LORD's renown,
for an everlasting sign,
which will not be destroyed."

No comments: