Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I pledge allegiance

Tomorrow morning, I am going to the department of homeland security to take the citizenship tests and interview. I guess it's time I become a citizen. My passport from Hong Kong has been expired for 2 years now and my resident alien status is expiring in 2011. I was on their website and saw that they need volunteers at the Naturalization ceremonies. LOL!! Like singers, choirs, keynote speakers, and color guards!!

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.detail&office=DAL&OfficeLocator.office_type=LO&OfficeLocator.statecode=TX

No joke. I am gonna sign up to sing or give a keynote address or something. LOL.

On a more serious note, the Koo family is still struggling to become a discipled family. As a first generation Christian couple, Phill and I have so much to work on. We are in desperate need of God's grace on the children all the time. Every time I mess up or my husband mess up, I find myself going, "Oh Lord, help. Have mercy on us and our children." So, Phill and I are looking for an older and experienced Christian couple to take us under their wings so we can learn what a Christ centered family looks like. God give us an idea of the couple that you are going to provide for us. We need so much help and grace! Please give us a couple that will guide us, love us, and pray for us during these tough years of parenting. Provide for us what we need in order to become a more Christ centered family. Continue to transform Phill and I so that we may show more of You and less of us as we love, teach, disciple, and guide our children. AMEN.

4 comments:

Becca said...

Yaaaayyyy! You are going to be a citizen! I have been praying for this to happen for a long time. I don't know why it has been on my heart - maybe I was afraid they'd send you back to Hong Kong and have to leave your life here.

Kari said...

I'll be praying for you!

Shannon said...

I'm not even close to being married, but I know in my personal walk with God, He's been showing me that my life with Him is a constant PURSUIT. It's ok if I don't have things perfected, as long as I keep striving to live and love for Him. :)

The Philosopher's Bride said...

I understand your struggles as a 1st generation Christian mom! I will commit to be in prayer for you!