Saturday, September 12, 2009

YouTube Evangelism

I love being on youtube. Not just because I get to watch movie clips, free comedy shows, bring up worship songs etc etc. But because I feel heart broken for those who comment on these sites! A lot of them are seeking for the truth and asking really good questions but seldom do they get the answers they need. Some are just there to debate and tear others' shakable faith down and that's not right. So, I've been at this for about 6 months now. I read the comments, find a target, pray pray pray for what and how to say, and give it a shot. It is simple. Shy Christians should definitely give it a try! Here's a recent example:

SHADOW10621 (3 months ago)
I didn't get this story when I was in bible school and I still don't get it 38 years later. What did God sacrifice if he could bring anything back ? I mean he sideth on the right hand of God the father almighty. I am bad I should not question things God knows everything and I am stupid.
ndyt (2 months ago)
SHADOW10621, yeah, I feel the same way. If Jesus came back and still lives, then what was sacrificed? Doesn't Jesus need to stay dead for it to be a sacrifice?
mommykoo (1 day ago)
He was dead. Jesus died for 3 days! The resurrection was important for He proved that one day He CAN in fact plead for our lives in front of the Father and get us in Heaven with Him. That's HUGE and glorious!
mommykoo (1 day ago)
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going. John 14:1-4
lepgray (3 weeks ago)
So the excrutiating pain and torture, the humiliation, the injustice, the betrayal by His own disciple and His own people, that's not sacrifice enough for you? He was completely and utterly deserted by His father and He didn't KNOW if He would be resurrected. He was sinless and He suffered anyway, so that each of us can take His gift and live eternally with Him. I have to say I'm pretty awe struck and deeply humbled. By the way, it's okay to question, just be open to His answer.
mommykoo (1 day ago)
The most awesome thing about God is that He wants you to ask the questions because then it means you are still seeking for the truth and have not given up.

Jesus did not have to die but because God wants His creation to be saved so one day we can still be with Him, Jesus had to die for our sins. He was resurrected to prove that He was indeed the Son of God and that He can one day fulfill His promise to bring us to Heaven.
mommykoo (1 day ago)
For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit. The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands. Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him. John 3:34-36
TheThechosen0ne (2 months ago)
wat happen about the earthquake
mommykoo (1 day ago)
And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.

At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks split. The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. They came out of the tombs, and after Jesus' resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many people. Matthew 27
mommykoo (1 day ago)
i think the earth shook to open the tombs. the sequence of events was not exactly 100%. also the sky was supposed to be dark.
mommykoo (1 day ago)
oh and there was no storm recorded
mommykoo (1 day ago)
nevertheless, it's a great video.
ndyt (1 day ago)
mommykoo, your religion is a based on a fairytale and its practice is a cult.
mommykoo (1 day ago)
what if you are wrong?
ndyt (1 day ago)
mommykoo, if am wrong then my chance of getting into heaven is the same about the same as yours because there are thousands of religions out there so the chance of picking the right one is small. There are over 38,000 different denominations of christianity alone! Those are long odds to get it right. Also, I feel I have not done anything to warrant being tortured for eternity. Have you? What was it you did?
mommykoo (21 hours ago)
Those were bible verses just in case you'd give Him a chance and read it thoroughly.

But look, easy example. If I handed you a cup of water with a teaspoon of poison in there, would you take it? I wouldn't, because it's not pure. Well, God is light, and in Him there is no darkness. Just as water and poison wouldn't go together and light and darkness wouldn't either, neither do sinful people and God. That answers the question whether we have ever done anything to deserve hell.
ndyt (21 hours ago)
mommykoo, so you are saying that even though god is all powerful, he he accepts someone that is not pure good then he will become tainted and no longer pure good? If that is the case then he is not all powerful.
mommykoo (21 hours ago)
I have read richard dawkins' books. he tells me that i am an organic meatbag while my Creator tells me He had made a way for us to be in heaven with Him one day. All He ever did was love me.
ndyt (20 hours ago)
mommykoo, too bad your creator is a fairytale.
mommykoo (20 hours ago)
I have nothing to lose. He'll be my knight in shining armor and I will be His bride.

What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul? If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels. Mark 8:36-38
ndyt (11 hours ago)
mommykoo, how do you know you have the right religion and the right denomination? There are thousands.
mommykoo (4 hours ago)
religion and denomination are man made. all i know if my God is the living God that made me and that He provided a way for me to be with Him in the end of time. I know i am covered for eternity.
ndyt (2 hours ago)
mommykoo, the bible is man made too. It was constructed by the catholic church to control people. You have nothing that isn't man made to tell you about god.
mommykoo (1 minute ago)
you're incorrect. the whole world was created by God. He created the sun and the moon, He set the stars in the sky and rainbow in clouds. He created the trees and the fish, the birds and the beasts. He created the ants and the dirt. Cont......
mommykoo (1 minute ago)
He also created my conscience and made me in His image so when I do wrong, I feel guilt and shame. even if the bible was man made, the words were inspired by God. His words convicts a soul to fear death and desire Heaven. Nothing wrong w/ being in a better place after a person dies. is there?
mommykoo (3 seconds ago)
everything that He has made is more than enough evidence for my eyes.
mommykoo (21 hours ago)
JEsus said, "I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6
mommykoo (21 hours ago)
John 3:34-36
mommykoo (21 hours ago)
I think the more valid question is, why do you think you deserve to be in Heaven? Let's go down the list of 10 commandments. 1. Worship God only. Have you loved something more than God? 3. don't misuse His name. Have you ever said OMG? 5. Honor your parents. Have you ever disobeyed them? 9. Do not lie. Have you ever tweaked the truth?
ndyt (21 hours ago)
mommykoo, no, the more important question is: why do you think the god of the bible is real when there is only evidence agaisnt it and none for it?
mommykoo (21 hours ago)
what evidence do you have against a living God? I'd like to know. and i think you are avoiding my valid question of why you think you deserve to be in Heaven with a Holy God.
ndyt (21 hours ago)
The earthquake would be in roman records, it is not.
mommykoo (15 minutes ago)
i think you are saying that to take people's hearts away from God. why? why don't you want others to reconcile with their Creator? it's one thing if you don't believe and it's another to bring others with you... =(

Lord, continue to use us for Your glory and to become more efficient fishers of men. AMEN.

No comments: