Sunday, January 17, 2010

Prayers for Haiti




What is it like to wake up from a nightmare and have it continue as a daymare? As I shared the meaning of an earthquake to Abigail and Isaac three days ago, I also showed them some pictures and videos of Haiti. They had so many questions about this disaster and I was most touched when Isaac took my hand and said, mommy, I wanna pray for them. So the three of us, held hands and hearts, prayed for all those who were affected by the quake and for all the followers of Christ who are now stuck there to effectively show God's love to the people of that nation. Today as I worshiped the Lord, my heart continually break for them. But knowing that God is in control and that He always has a bigger plan than what is right in front of my eyes, I really started to pray that He will mobilize fellow brothers and sisters in Christ to spread their hope of eternity in Christ. It is not about the disparity of this disaster, but about the hope and harvest that will come out of the disaster.

God I pray that the nation will see the hope of Christ amidst disaster. I pray that our brothers and sisters in Christ will penetrate not just the villages to provide physical needs but also penetrate the hearts of the people to provide the good news of our Lord Jesus Christ. Your Kingdom work be done. I ask You in Jesus' name. AMEN.

No comments: