Saturday, January 23, 2010

Worship

I've been at the shed for 2 years leading worship since I doubted God and tried to give up what He's called me to do. I think within a week I had written that blog, we received a call from the children's pastor asking if Phill led worship and Phill said no, and she asked then who did God want from your family to lead worship at the shed? And Phill said, my wife. I pray I don't forget these moments when God shows up. He has given me lots of affirmation and people who carries me through. And I will tell you, every week I get up there, I still get butterflies. I'll be honest, I have even hyperventilated. I'm blessed that the children's worship pastor took me under her wings and let me grow. There's so much I want to do, learn, and expand. But I know it's all in God's timing. He says be still, be patient. God I worship You and You alone. I don't want to lead worship if in my heart You find any sign I am not worshiping You! I hate that I seek affirmation from anyone while I lead worship. I hate that I am distracted sometimes when I sing. I hate that I can't fully worship You after a long day. Lord, I don't want to do it if this is not honoring for You. I don't want to be on that stage throwing up because my focus is so much on how I'd look or sound or lead! God take that away from me. Fill me with Your Spirit and help me focus on You while I am leading these kids, pointing them towards You! I just want to worship You with the gifts You have given me. I long to be with You. Help me to love what You love and hate what You hate. Humble me and use me if You want to. I am blessed to be called Yours. I love you Lord. You are my Savior and my God. Cleanse my heart and call me to You. I am going to wait for You. In Jesus' name I call upon. AMEN.



["Choose honor, partner with the vision, and be faithful with what you are given. Earn the trust, honor leadership, opportunity to see what the Lord will do in my life when I am faithful with what I have right now... It's not an easy thing but a rewarding thing."

"Worship is a connection between me and God... imagine everyone corporately came in already connected to God ready to praise God."

"you can be a light shining anywhere"

"don't sing songs you cannot put your heart fully into "] - Kim Walker Smith

1 comment:

Shannon said...

AMEN! I lead worship at our church too, and I think that should be the prayer of every heart, but especially of those leading in worship. It's not about me, it's all about Him!