Saturday, January 16, 2010

#2

Ok, so far I only have one on my NY resolution list which is to finish the one year bible and journal for Abigail. I have to say, I am working on it at my own timing. I do what I can is what I am trying to say. Which I think is ok. I am starting BSF on Wednesday mornings next week. It's gonna get busy. With 3 kids under 4, I am doing my best with every minute I have which includes resting and reflecting. Anyway, I have #2 for my list now. Here we go

2010 resolutions
1. one year bible
2. keep track of homelearning (it's really homeschooling but i have come to dislike that term in the past... day) budget, material taught, material used, and kids progress.....

wow that looked long. anyway, I have been really bad about keeping track of the homelearning stuff I have been buying and using. so.. there. lets see what we have done.

Abigail 4yrs (nov21,05):

Abilities-
intellectual: know how to write, read, spell her name and her siblings names. knows how to write, read, spell short vowel words and words with special sounds "oo", "ee", "or", "th", "sh". knows how to count to 100 with help. knows the value of each coin. knows the colors of the rainbow. knows to paint in one direction. knows how to color in different colors, shades and sections. knows when her birthday and her siblings birthdays are. knows the days of the week. knows the months of the year. knows how to read the hour hand on the clock.

spiritual: (can say these without help)
1.matt7:7-8 2.jhn3:16 3.jhn3:17 4.1tim4:12 5.eph4:29 6.prvb15:27 7.prvb10:4 8.gal5:22-23 9.deut6:5 10.jhn14:15 11.jhn14:6 12.matt7:9 13.1jhn1:5-6 14.rom3:23 15.2peter3:18 16.luke2:1-40 17.col3:23 18.eph6:1 19:eph6:11 20.Gen1:1 21.Gen1:27 22.Josh24:15

physical: knows how to ride bike without training wheels, knows how to ride 2 wheel scooter, knows how to swim and float, knows how to do a cartwheel, front roll, basic stretches and exercises, roller blade, single toe pirouette.

Enjoys - reading, dancing, cooking, taking pictures, singing, any arts and craft, swimming, playing with friends, ice cream, spaghetti, spending time with mommy

Strengths - arts and crafts, swimming, administration, classical learner

Under construction - critical thinking, shyness, self-concept

Interests - violin, piano, art, dance, swim

Isaac 2.5yrs (jun23,07):

Abilities-
intellectual: know how to spell his name and his siblings names. knows how to count to 20 with help. knows the value of pennies. knows his colors. knows to paint in one direction. knows how to color in different colors, shades and sections. knows when his birthday and his siblings birthdays are. knows the days of the week.

spiritual: (can say these with help)
1.matt7:7-8 2.jhn3:16 3.jhn3:17 4.1tim4:12 5.eph4:29 6.prvb15:27 7.prvb10:4 8.gal5:22-23 9.deut6:5 10.jhn14:15 11.jhn14:6 12.matt7:9 13.1jhn1:5-6 14.rom3:23 15.2peter3:18 16.luke2:1-40 17.col3:23 18.eph6:1 19:eph6:11

physical: knows how to ride bike with training wheels, knows how to flutter kick, knows how to do a cartwheel, front roll, basic stretches and exercises, roller blade, double toe pirouette. knows how to kick, follow, and dribble soccer ball. knows how to throw and catch balls. knows how to ride 2-wheel scooter.

Enjoys - anything physical, reading, playing drums, playing with daddy

Strengths - gymnastics, soccer, creativity, outgoing, eclectic learner

Under construction - critical thinking, individuality, self control, sensitivity, phonics

Interests - anything physical, reading, drums, piano

God Help me to be more organized and help me to spot what gifts You have given them. Give me wisdom to raise them and help them develop their strengths. Open my eyes to their learning styles and teach me to be graceful with them. I pray You will open Abigail's eyes to Your plan of salvation and to her need for You at the conditions of her heart. AMEN.

4 comments:

Kari said...

that is impressive!!!! You are such a great mom

Becca said...

You're such a good teacher!

Shannon said...

WOW! You are an amazing mom. I am so blessed and impressed by Abigail and Isaac's scripture memory!

mommykoo said...

you ladies have such kind words for me. thank you for your encouragement. love y'all!!