Tuesday, February 9, 2010

He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

I am #4 of 5. My oldest sister '73, a follower of Christ also, then a brother '75, he is in Heaven with my Savior at 3 days old, then my older brother '76, he is mentally handicapped, me, '81 the odd musician, and my lil' sissy '84, I pray for her every day like my oldest sister did for me. My kids are sick and we've just been hanging out at the house. It's been freezing anyway so we read, eat, watch some bible story and signing time DVDs, read some more, color, practice cutting with scissors, color again, read again, eat more, run around the house and jump on furniture.... then I get this text that my brother was handcuffed. My brother can be a nuisance but he's not even the type that can withstand prison food! No way! My sisters have not been able to reach mom at the piano store for hours. My relatives couldn't be reached at all. So here I was, I could do NOTHING. My brother, handcuffed in his own home, probably scared to death, had mis-dialed 911 and hung up. The cops, being responsible, came to the house for an investigation. My brother freaked out and started running from them. And of course, out of suspicious activities, they busted in and handcuffed him. I looked at my phone, but I didn't know what else to do. I was about to cry. So I gathered my kids and we prayed. Abigail and Isaac were so worried about him. We prayed and prayed for Leo and for grandma be reached soon. After that, I decided to call mom in person and she answered, saying that she just got all the messages and was going home. Leo called me after the cops left. Abigail, Isaac and Phill all got a chance to talk to him. If your heart is filled with compassion for him, would you pray for him right now? Not just about tonight, but for the Lord to reveal his path to us. Ask God to be merciful to him. We also need wisdom in issues with our parents so we honor them but at the same time will be able to do what is best for my brother. Ask the Lord to soften my parents' hearts and draw them to Him.

God, I don't know how to pray about this issue right now. You know what is best for my brother. I trust You in this issue. I pray that You will give us the wisdom and words when we talk to our parents about him and that You will take care of business. Have mercy on my parents. Help me love them and honor them as they are. I pray for my sister, that one day she will too, know Your love for her. God be with my brother tonight as he sleeps. Replace his fears from today with peace and goodness. Take his nightmares and turn it into visions of Heaven. Help him to cope with what has happened today and help my mother to cope with all this. In Jesus' name I ask You of these things. AMEN.

No comments: