Tuesday, April 26, 2011

JW update

This past Monday my internet was down so i couldn't recruit anyone on FB to pray. But I know there are a team of people who were praying. We had our husbands who were praying. We prayed before they got there. We often feel unprepared mostly because 8 kids are running around and we are frazzled. But God always shows up when we call. From the start, we have wanted them to feel like they are still in control of the bible study so we are very prayerful as to what to suggest or say or do. Well, this week, we prayerfully invited them to lunch after our bible study next Monday. We always try to be hospitable and friendly when they get here. We talk about our weekends, kids, haircuts.... etc, to build a genuine relationship, but we all felt that just wasn't enough. We want to show them we truly truly care about them and love them outside of the bible study. This is one small step we have taken to do that. I really feel like because we have a team of 3, they are not as quick to go because they never know who they are really reaching or targeting. Even if they really just want to win me over, they'd have to take on all 3 of us. And I have found, that even though we have very very tough questions, place doubts in them, and are honest with our statement of beliefs, they are willing to research and even spread out the job of researching to us. And at some points of our time on these Mondays, we do get heated conversations, but God always helps us wiggle free and breathe. And somehow, they just keep on coming back. I believe it has been 6 weeks maybe 7, Praise be to God.

I know a lot of the more conservative believers don't agree with me opening my home to these ladies. And I get that blank stare and awkward silence when I have to explain what we are praying for on Mondays especially when I post it discreetly on FB.... I understand where everyone is coming from and their concerns. But God has surely opened a door that we couldn't have opened ourselves! Knowing that my own grandma has fallen into that belief, I could not stand by and watch them continue. Isn't that what Jesus' love is like? Seeing us fall into sin and getting stuck in eternal separation from Him, He just couldn't stand by and watch us continue! Sin and death are ugly and disgusting. They shall not triumph over He who is greater than all things in anyone's life. I don't know what He has planned for us or for M and S but I do know He has allowed us to reach them and love them. He has a grand view of what is going on and I just want to do my part. I don't know how long this is going to last but I do know this might change them eternally.

LORD Almighty, You are the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, blessed be Your name! You are the One true God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I declare this truth in M, S, and my grandma's lives. Rescue them from the bondage of this false religion. God, help me to stand firm in Your truth. Continue to give me a contrite and pure heart. I want to love them with Your perfect love and Your broken heart. I want to yearn for them to return just as You yearn for them. Give me strength, patience, perseverance, and faith in this ministry. We cannot do it without You. Penetrate their minds, hearts, souls, and bodies. Let them know who You are! Reveal Yourself to them through Your word and Holy Spirit. You are able to do everything and nothing is impossible for You. Help us remember this and continue on this journey knowing that You have gone before us and are on our side. Continue to give me a heart for my mom, and prepare my dad's heart as he comes this summer. Break through it and prepare it. In Your Son's holy name I present my case, AMEN.

No comments: