Tuesday, April 5, 2011

please pray Mondays at 11am -Noon

This started when M and S knocked on the door a couple of weeks ago on Monday around 10:30am. I was with my mentee and I just did not want to turn them away! My grandma is a JW so naturally I told them. With the intentions to overwhelm them with questions, they decided they would do some research and come back to do these "bible studies". I invited another sister in Christ from the seminary to couple with me. For until the day they stand up and leave for good, Lord willing, we will continue to pray, learn, fish, and plant the Truth.

The last part of 2John gave me doubts when I had first invited them in and back the next week. Especially in verse 10 and 11, "If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them. Anyone who welcomes them shares in their wicked work."

With godly counsel from countless women, prayers, and discernment for this situation, here are 3 things I have learned:
1. pray and know God's will in the situation
2. the study bible - inviting them with a special blessing, to approve of their ministry, letting them teach without opposition etc is dangerous
3. inviting people of different faiths, with the intentions to fish for their souls, into your home is not a sin

So, since then, I have been reading articles, books, testimonies, listening to sermons so we can better stand for Christ and what He died and rose again for. These ladies are real people with real hurts and souls.

After this past Monday's session, my heart went out to my grandma. In all these years, she has gone knocking on hundreds of doors, I wonder how many followers of Christ slammed the door on her face, or plainly told her, "im saved", or hid from her. Who? Who had the courage and the perseverance to fish for her? I know nothing is coincidental. God, You are stirring yet again, something inside me. I'm Yours and I will do Your bidding. Pour Your knowledge, wisdom, heart, and love in me. Let Your light shine through me. There is nothing too difficult for You. I plead my case before You Lord, look at these people. They are lost and they are led away by false prophets! Have mercy and bring them back! Reveal Yourself to them, speak to them, shake their faiths in these false religions, and change their course. Your will be done. AMEN.

http://4witness.org/jehovahs_witness/jw-witness-door.php
http://4jehovah.org/ex-jehovahs-witness-stories/
http://www.amazon.com/Jehovahs-Witnesses-Answered-Verse/dp/0801077397/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1301715668&sr=1-1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xo6FH9tTt4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

1 comment:

The Philosopher's Bride said...

We are praying for you Joanna, for wisdom, discernment of the truth, for the guiding of the Holy Spirit, for the protection of your mind and heart as you deal with heresies and for the compassion and love of Christ in your ministry ! You are such a Godly woman, I admire you and love you!